USD's Social Innovation Challenge Poised for an Exciting Second Year as Global Competition
In its second year of being global, USD's Global Social Innovation Challenge (GSIC) will include student social innovation ideas from over 25 universities from 12 countries.
The GSIC is run by University of San Diego’s Center for Peace and Commerce (CPC), a partnership between the highly ranked University of San Diego School of Business and internationally renowned Joan B. Kroc School of Peace Studies. Through the GSIC, the CPC has convened a group of rockstar universities committed to sustainable social change. Get to know a few of them below!
- Uniminuto in Bogota, Colombia has an innovative tuition financing model that allows 70% of students to come from below the poverty line.
- Trinity College in Dublin, Ireland is ranked#1 university in Europe for student startups.
- Heritage Christian College in Accra, Ghana won the grand prize of the 2018 Global Social Innovation Challenge, just three years after being accredited in 2015!
- Hanyang University in Seoul, Korea and Universidad de Desarollo in Santiago, Chile are two of the newest Ashoka U Changemaker Campuses.
- Ewha Womans University in Seoul, Korea and Akilah Institute in Kigali, Rwanda are innovative institutions 100% committed to educating the top women leaders.
- Duke University and Haverford College are ranked among the top 15 universities in the USA.
See a full list at: www.sandiego.edu/cpc/partners.